This year’s Supporters Summit, jointly hosted by national fan organisations the Football Supporters’ Federation and Supporters Direct, will take place in Manchester (Mercure Hotel, Piccadilly) on Saturday 18th July 2015 (10am).
10.30am: Supporters Direct / Football Supporters' Federation (International Suite/Main Hall)
- Opening - with Brian Burgess (Chair, SD) and Malcolm Clarke (Chair, FSF)
11am: FIFA Question Time - panel discussion followed by audience Q&A (International Suite/Main Hall)
- Lynsey Hooper (Host) - A football reporter and presenter with more than 10 years experience in TV and radio working for networks including BBC, ITV and Sky Sports.
- Stephen Russell (Playfair Qatar) - The campaign shines a light on the human toll when it comes to construction for Qatar 2022. Workers are paid as little as 45p an hour and rights are severely limited because of the “kafala” system. An estimated 1,400 have died to date.
- Jaimie Fuller (Sports Ethics Campaigner and Chairman of SKINS) - Jaimie hopes to reform FIFA and believes sponsors have a huge role to play. “It is my duty as part of the industry to call the sports governing bodies to account. It’s a disgrace how many influential voices prefer to keep quiet.” He also founded Change Cycling Now in the wake of the Lance Armstrong affair.
- Tom Greatrex (ex-MP and former Chair of Fulham Supporters' Trust) - Tom Greatrex was the founding Chair of the Fulham Supporters Trust in 2001. He served as Labour/Co-Operatve MP for Rutherglen and Hamilton West between 2010 and 2015, and as Shadow Energy Minister from 2011 to 2015.
12.05pm: Workshops (locations, panellists and summaries here)
- Fans for Diversity
- The Expert Working Group on Football Supporter Ownership and Engagement
- Away Fans Matter
- Tales from the terraces
1pm: Lunch and networking
- At 1.45pm (International Suite/Main Hall) Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain reflects on his personal and footballing journeys in a powerful new documentary by BT Sport Films, which explores the positive influence football has on young people. More here.
2.30pm: Workshops (locations, panellists and summaries here)
- Pride in Football
- Making fans heard
- Another way - a different route to success
3.45pm: Supporters Direct / Football Supporters' Federation (International Suite/Main Hall)
- Special guest - Andy Walsh (Chief Executive, FC United of Manchester)
- Closing remarks - Kevin Miles (Chief Executive, FSF)