Two footballing authorities have found against Hull City's controversial ticketing scheme in what is a “damning verdict” against the club say Hull City Supporters’ Trust.
Last season, Hull City introduced its deeply unpopular membership scheme which saw the removal of traditional season tickets and concessionary prices for young and old.
The Premier League began investigations into the club's pricing after lobbying from Hull City Supporters’ Trust and the FSF, believing the scheme to be in breach of league rules on concessionary prices.
On Friday, the Premier League announced its commission had found against the club. Now should Hull City be promoted back to the division they will be required to offer 10% of its home match tickets to seniors and juniors at concessionary rates.
The Independent Football Ombudsman (IFO) has also investigated alleged mis-selling of the same membership scheme but said last week he was unable to reach a fair conclusion due to the club’s lack of co-operation with his investigation. "It is unacceptable, and unprecedented, that a Club should choose not to cooperate so that IFO can fulfil his given role," the IFO said in his report.
Hull City Supporters’ Trust said today: “This stance once again demonstrates the contempt which Hull City’s current ownership shows to both the football authorities and supporters alike.
“Whilst we are pleased by the ruling that (should the club return to the Premier League) concessions must be reinstated, we do however have to express disappointment that a minimum of only 10% is stated in the ruling. This is inadequate.
“HCST will continue to press the football authorities, including the English Football League (EFL), to tighten the rules on concessions and to police them adequately.”
Thanks to Dom Fellowes for the imaged used in this article. Reproduced here under Creative Commons license.